Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cake Balls



After reading Jennifer (Yeager's) cake balls post I have been dreaming about these wonderful little balls! I could not sleep last night and decided to get the recipe and give it a try. They certainly do not look like the one's from Neimans, but they are pretty tasty!!! I did strawberry and chocolate.. I look forward to trying all different kinds. (Thanks Jen-the recipe below is taken from her blog.. I wish I could take credit! )
I guess I should rename the title of my last blog to rainy days = weight gain! Yesterday it was chocolate cakes and cupcakes..today strawberry cake balls! I hope the sun comes out soon and the parks dry up b/c it might get ugly if we continue at this rate!
On a random note.. this morning my dad and I went to a couple of estate sales and one was at my old house were I grew up. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to visit your old house? I was dying to see the inside, I had so many wonderful memories in this house that I was hoping it would look the same. So, I asked to go inside! I was in awe, it was completely re-done and looked unbelievable. It was so good to know someone else has enjoyed the house and made it there own. I was worried bc ususally you are disappointed when someone buys your house and has let it go, or fails to mow the yard, or my favorite... the window treatments in the front of the house are all different colors and several are 1/2 way hanging down! So, next time you wonder about your childhood home, stop by and ask to go in.. it is fun and the new owner enjoyed knowing the history and stories.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh you don't have to tell me about the sins of cake balls LOL I have some eyeball cake balls on my blog for Halloween, as well as some pumpkin cake balls for fall. I also made red velvet cake balls with white chocolate coating decorated with red and blue for 4th of July. They are divinely delicious and terribly addicting. LOL

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

I am actually making some right now for our COM group tomorrow... They are soooo yummy! I may have to try Amanda's pumpkin ones... Yum :)

Molly said...

Ok, I am going to have to try these! Yum! Love the rock wall and June trying to climb it!