Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a day...

As I was talking to Jenn today about my frustrations with the kids and how I feel like my mind is going to mush, she reminded me we have to stay on our toes to outsmart the kids. She did make me feel a little better, but some days I wonder if I will have any brain cells left by the time the kids get out of school. I mentioned earlier that Wyatt was doing better potty training.. I should of known not to say anything. She came home today and peed all over June's room.. meaning I have to wash ALL the sheets and bedding again. I am not a fan of laundry and I was so mad he did it, I could not even discipline him bc I knew I would say something I would regret! So, we are back on with potty training.. one step forward two big steps back.

I have learned a few tricks the last couple of weeks that have helped me.. maybe they will help you too. IT seems every Dr or nurse prescribes the nasty, white antibiotics for everything. Wyatt is usually pretty good with medicines, but this one is a huge battle. So, I got smart.. once I put the the medicine in the syringe, I filled the tip with chocolate syrup. So, he first tasted the chocolate then I squirted the rest of the medicine in. It works.. I am sure terrible on the teeth, but I pick my battles! Another thing is Wyatt's likes everything colored lately. If he will not eat his dinner, I use a drop of food coloring. So, This morning he had green milk in this cereal and blue mash potatoes for dinner. Who knew!

2 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

you're doing great! I look to you for ideas quite a bit. Don't quit now! The food coloring is great! My kiddos would have had cookies for dinner!

Molly said...

great idea with the chocolate!
Love the picture of the wagon! those boots and undies crack me up!