Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Truman!

We had a wonderful morning at Truman's birthday party and it is great not only for Wyatt but it is my social time as well. I had to admit I did not throw a party this year for Wyatt for the simple fact I was a little overwhelmed with June and thought "he will not know the difference." Wyatt officially has birthdays figured out and I will not be able to go without a party from here on out. He was so excited, yesterday we went to Toys R Us and I thought this would be the perfect time to teach Wyatt about sharing and give to others.... So things started off great, we talked about what to give Truman and decided on a firetruck...that was until we saw the Handy Manny dancing tool set. So, he changed him mind and was going to now settle with the Handy Manny tool set... before I could get up to the front I looked down and he has ripped "Squeeze" out of the package. "Look Mommy Squeeze"...so I failed on my lesson of giving...and we ended up with a dancing tool box as well. The good thing is it has entertained him for hours and June likes to chew on the tools. (But we sure did not need another toy)

Another reason why I do not throw parties is I am a terrible host. I cannot relax and worry about every little detail and if everyone is enjoying themselves... is "so and so finding anyone to talk to" or "is so and so's kid being mean to the others?!." The truth is people really do not care about the things you worry about, they just like to get together and have fun. So, knowing my in laws are "party" people I am learning that the little things do not matter...just good friends. Today Kelly showed me that was so true. It has not rained in Midland is what 3 years?! Today it rained all morning long and Kelly had 15-20 kids inside her beautiful house with the cutest green icing cupcakes. Me, I would of freaked imaging green icing all over my house and kids running up and down destroying everything... but she was the best host and had a smile all over her face. The kids behaved themselves and the icing stayed in the kitchen... I worried enough for her and everything ended up fine! Maybe that is why she has the perfect child with Truman and I am sure Ross too! Truman is the kid you imagine before you have kids and hit reality! He is adorable, has the sweetest personality, he sits in his mommy's lap at music class, waits in line for his turn at gym class, never throws a fit or yells "no " at you, and always has a sweet smile on his face. So Kelly and Bobby have done a wonderful job and I thank you for having us over today! Happy Birthday Truman.

Here again, I have not mentioned my second child in our activities..but June went right along with everything. She had a wonderful time this morning, watched others and played. She even saw other girls to play with.. Clare and Andi. Brock continued to check on her and told her she was "so cute." I hope Wyatt learns from Brock how to be a good big brother.

Let's keep Mauri in our prayers this week as she goes in and has her little boy.. she was there today with her usual smile, but no one is feeling good when you are 39 weeks pregnant!

No comments: