Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Week

We have had a great week... Wyatt started MDO this week and has wonderful teachers and many familiar faces in his class. They did switch his class this year and I was not happy about it at first bc I wanted him to be with his classmates he has had from the past year that he loves and talks about...but I am sure there is a reason he is in his new class and will have new friends. I had the psycho mom moment when I found out he was not in his regular class, (he is in a younger class) with the fear he would regress to behaviors that we have fought all summer long to break. I guess it took my good friend Jen to remind me that if he is in his older class he will only learn more! I am having such a hard time with the terrible two's... One a positve note, there are several very sweet kids in his class that I hope will teach Wyatt how to share and listen. It is funny how upset you get and defensive when you find out something you initially do not like with your children. I was almost in tears over something I cannot control and is frankly stupid at this point... he is 2. I vow never to be that soccer mom on the sidelines yelling at their kids to "get the ball" and "run faster!"
On Wednesday, Wyatt went to CBS for the first time and loved it. He calls it "church school" and the best part is June is able to go and play with other little girls her age... It was so cute to see her crawling around with other little girls... you can see from my blog she is always around older boys.
We are headed to September fest tomorrow and look forward to a good time with our friends. We had a great Friday with a last minute play date in the backyard.. I will post pictures of the boys.. they are so precious.

I do have a special prayer request this week.. Don (the man who use to live with Zach and is a dear friend of ours) has twin daughters Amy and April who are precious. They found out this week Amy has a brain tumor and will have surgery at MD Anderson on Wednesday of next week. They think it is not cancerous; however, you are never certain until surgery. The twins are so full of life and I know this is only a bump in the road, but please pray for Amy and the entire family.

No comments: