Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 2008

We had a great relaxing weekend that was pretty uneventful. This was one of the first times Zach was home and not at a soccer tournament...and I could tell it killed him. The club was in Dallas and had 6 teams and he was texting or on the Internet checking scores almost every minute of the day. So, I know he misses being on the sidelines...but I love the extra time at home! Zach finished June's room with blackout shades and a camera monitor...so I really do not have any more excuses to move her from our room to hers. It is hard bc I feel like Wyatt is so demanding during the day that June gets put to the side or second to what Wyatt wants to do so my time with her at night makes up for that. It is the quiet one on one time that I love. Not to mention we are not planning on having any more, so this is my last baby... I am trying to convince myself! Why is this so hard the second time?!
We had a great dinner Sunday night at Skeet and Nancy's... we stalked Ryan and Jen and they came by with the boys on the golf cart. The boys are so funny together, we went on a golf cart ride to feed the ducks and had a great time with them. Thanks to Skeet and Nancy for great food and lots of entertainment with the boys!
Today was typical, we did go by my mom's this afternoon and Wyatt loves to go on walks with Meema and check the mailboxes. (They have the mailboxes at the end of the street with the big box for packages) Mom was putting on her shoes and I went to fill the boxes with little surprises... it was so cute to see his face when he opened on up and actually found a sucker in one, and little surprises in a few others. This age is so fun and challenging at the same time!
We meet Wyatt's new teacher tomorrow at MDO, then CBS on Wednesday morning, and back to MDO on Thursday. I did sign up to do a mommy and me class with June on Thursday while Wyatt in at school so I am looking forward to a busy week! My goal for MDO this year is to learn how to SHARE!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Sounds like you are busy!!!!!We are going to have to head to Lowes sometime soon!