Thursday, March 12, 2009

Potty Training....

The nightmare contines. Again, another thing never mentioned before becoming a "Mommy" and now I know why.. it is not the fun part of parenting. Wyatt somehow refuses to go to the potty. We have started the potty training thing, so I am afraid to stop so we are battling it everyday. I have tried every trick I have heard, incentives, TV, now we are on the game "sink the Cherrios." The only problem now is he eats the Cherrios before he can throw them in the tiolet. It not help that my dear, sweet friend Jenn trained her son in one week and now her two year old (as of two weeks) is potty trained as well! What is the deal?! I just had to vent my frustration bc I am tied of cleaning up pee, washing and changing clothes. IF they are hard to potty train does this mean they are hard to teach in the future?! IF so, we are in trouble.

2 comments:

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

Maybe you should just try and train both while you are at it???

My goal is to have H potty trained before baby gets here.... We shall see!

Janai Rogers said...

Have you tried putting lit floating candles in the potty to extinguish? Just be sure to grab a fish net to get them out afterwards!!