Monday, October 18, 2010

Our pumpkins... the pirate and kitty






I love fall, I love Halloween and have so many memories of wonderful Halloween parties, trick er treating, anything pumpkin to eat, the leaves, the weather, the smell, dressing up, candy apples, dividing and negotiating candy... I just love it. I know there are many people who feel it is a "devils" holiday.. but we never saw that.. just good old fun. When we were little every year we would go with the Elias family and go to all the different haunted houses and I was terrified, yet loved every minute. We had Halloween carnivals at the school, block parties, and would usually change outfits to trick er treat a couple of times Halloween night (our sweet neighbors always knew it was Emily and I.. just in a different costume trying to get more candy. We knew the "good" candy houses and there was one that even gave whole candy bars... you would of thought we struck gold! ). It seems now it is all about parties or "fall festivals" Which is great, I do not care what they call it, it is just fun to me. The kids love getting dressed up.. we stay dressed up all year long...but this gives them an excuse to wear their favorite costume to school. So I am ready for a fun week ahead of Halloween and good times!

We did paint and decorate pumpkins.. we will carve them eventually, but I made the mistake last year of doing it way too early an it was just moldy and gross by Halloween. Here is what we made last night...

No comments: