Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I love my Mommy!
Best Mother's Day present.. healthy and happy babies!

Me, Alicia (Chad's beautiful wife), and Em
My bestie
Mrs. E and EJ .. this was me 30 years ago doing the same thing..
Meema and the kids...

Happy Mother's Day to me! I had the best Mother's Day, I was surrounded all weekend with my favorite people and lots of love. We headed to San Antonio to do a weekend with the "Elias" gang.. my second family. I am an only child, but growing up I had the best friend anyone could ask for, an brother and sister to pick on me and a second mom to mother me. I have always said that I hope my kids have a friend like I did and do. We do not get to see each other very often, but when we do.. it is like we never left. I love that feeling. This weekend we met in San Antonio and took the kids to Sea World, it was so much fun. To be honest, I was dreading it.. thinking it would be a nightmare but I was so wrong. I guess we finally hit the age where they "get it!" This morning, we woke up had a wonderful brunch then I got to drive home 6 hours with my mom.. traveling always brings us closer.
As a mom, I now get unconditional love. My mom always showed it to me, but until EJ and Wyatt.. I just did not get it. I get it now. I am in love. I have never been happier.

No comments: