Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summertime Fun




We are headed down to San Antonio today to visit Shamu tomorrow and then on to Corpus to meet up with my best friend growing up... June's name sake! Emily and I were inseperable growing up and I have only the best memories of us and the Elias family. I hope my kids have an Emily in their lives and a second mother who took care of me as her own.. thanks Ms. Elias! The best memories were the simple things in life, the camp outs, sleepovers, playing outside and playing house with all the cushions from the couch built up like a "house." There was no video games, not a lot of television (except for Punky Brewster!), and toys were made up. Board games were popular and of coarse dress up! I love the simple things...

Wyatt loves to play in the water and since he is my child LOVES sweets..ice cream is a favorite! June sits in her seat and just watches Wyatt...hoping one day to be out there with him.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

thank you for being a good blogger! i need to be constantly updated!

Molly said...

Adorable pictures! Have a great trip!