Sunday, August 3, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!

What a weekend! For my birthday Zach took me to Vegas along with some of our closest friends and we had a blast. It was a weekend away from kids and perfect timing.( First, I need to thank the grandparents for watching the kids, it was comforting to know they were in good hands. ) It is hard to believe that out of 6 people we did not take one picture, but we have memories. We traveled with Jennifer and Ryan and Holt and Laura. Laura gets credit for sticking it out... I do not think Vegas is very much fun for a pregnant woman when there is no drinking, smoke everywhere and a lovely 109 outside...so thanks for being a trooper! The rest of us made it up for her. Jennifer is the only person I know that goes into Vegas with a plan... and it apparently worked bc she and Ryan came back with money in their pocket. Zach needs to get on that plan next year and Holt bless his heart... I think he lost it all at the table the last night! The trip was wonderful... Jen and I treated ourselves to the spa Saturday morning ..it was great (except for the fact I officially have age spots)..then off to the roulette tables for me... after a great dinner Saturday night it was a back to the roulette tables...(should of gone to bed instead of back to the tables.)
I have to say I ordered my first and last lobster... I am officially a cheap date from here on out! When they brought the little guy to me he was split open with what Holt and Ryan insisted were spices, I knew they were guts.... Not to mention the red bell pepper was bleeding into the "spices" So that did it for me! I looked over at Laura who ordered the same thing and I thought she was going to loose it...pregnant and guts just do not go together! It was a good laugh, and good experience.
Back to reality tonight.. Wyatt is screaming in his crib "Meema" I guess he was hoping we would stay longer.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!