Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations President Obama

Well we have change. That is what everyone wanted and agreed on. I feel a bit of relief that we can now move forward with a new president and get past all the race running bs. I have to admit I did not vote for Obama, but now that he is President I will respect his position and hope he can change our country for the better. I may be a product of my environment in not supporting him, or maybe I was affected by the media with all the hate emails in my inbox for him, or just support McCain's views more than Obama, but one thing I do agree on is respect for authority. We have an entire generation who has no respect for authority and no leadership. In our sermon a few weeks ago.. Patrick said "Pray for our next President, no matter who your vote is." I have faith that there is a reason that Obama is in office and I look forward to a better future for our country. We sometimes forget that we live in the greatest country and put our own personal agendas first...not what is best for everyone. If we do not show respect for authority, especially our President, what are we teaching our kids...

3 comments:

Darby Basham Brown said...

you are way too nice!

Molly said...

Great post. Happy B-day Zach!

Kris said...

I think your blog shows a lot of insight! God has Obama in this place for a reason and you are right that we should respect the authority over us!