Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snack time

Snack Time with Papa
See the big white box... full of pasties, which are all wonderful.. but not so wonderful for mommy.. it is hard to resist.

Big girl..


I love my Papa!



June getting into another drawer... it seems she thinks everything has to be opened and explored... not to mention rearranged. Forget organization.




Another good weekend.. Although, I am ready for "cold" season to be over with. One of things I do not enjoy so much as a mother is wiping snot all day long! Which means I kept them home from school last week and inside so we have had a lot of bonding time. It is fun to watch the kids interact now because Wyatt really is starting to "play" with June. When I say "play" I mean he still bit her last week for messing up his line of cars, but he likes her around. He shares his toys with her (which is huge!) and he loves to try and be the big brother and discipline her as well... that has not gone so well. They are just as such a fun age... June is mobile and exploring everything. She rearranges my bathroom drawers every morning and loves to see what she can get into. The look on her face when she finds something new is priceless. Wyatt is growing up too, he is getting so much better about telling us when he needs to go "potty." We are a long way away from full big boy pants.. but much closer than we were. Potty training is not fun and there is not an easy method, no matter what anyone says!

Friday we had an impromptu get together at my girlfriend Laura's house... the kids played so well together and I feel so fortunate to have such good girlfriends and "mommy" support. Laura is only weeks away from her baby #3.. all 2 and under so it was nice to get together before the sleepless nights start all over again. I admire her strength and desire to have all three under 2! I know it will be worth every minute and after a few years it will be so much easier, but I can hardly get my kid to sleep thru the night and she will be one this week! So, I do not think I am cut out for 3... ! As an only child two is a challenge and still overwhelming at times.
I posted the pictures of my dad above bc he comes down on a daily basis.. he never comes empty handed. As you can see he brings "junk" every time he comes and I cannot figure out why I have put on 5 lbs since Christmas.. it is usually the other way around. The kids look forward to Papa's visits and love all the attention.

1 comment:

Kay-Lynn said...

hey there....love the pics! I just emailed you to your old hotmail acct. Do you still have that account? If not email me your new email address