Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nap time is getting shorter and shorter...




Nap time is getting shorter and shorter.. along with my patience lately. Wyatt has been in a whiny definite mood now for a while, and I am just sick of it. I hear myself repeat, " No one likes a whiner..." over and over. Today we went our sweet friend Jay's house after he has been down out with surgery and Wyatt is awful. Embarrassing. My job is to take care and raise to respectful kids and I cannot even control one at the age of 3! AHH! Poor June was having a good time with her sweet friend Anna, and we had to leave early bc of her brother not listening and whinnying so much it was starting to make me crazy! I hope I am not the only one going thru this with a toddler, I just hope we take care of it soon! And yes, I have tried ignoring it, reasoning with him (it works on Brock), timeout, the spoon, leaving friend's houses early (which is more punishment on me than him!), no TV, etc. I know there is a problem, but it makes me crazy not to be able to fix it immediately!

So, today he is at the bar coloring in his Cars book, and the reason he is at the bar is because Emily June cannot reach him. Can you see why now? Apparently, he dropped the blue marker. I asked EJ, " Do you have a marker?' She looks at me with her sweet voice and shakes her head," No!" Oh, and yes she also found the puffs and decided to make herself a snack.. messy girl. No wonder all I do is clean!

2 comments:

sallycrunk said...

I will give you the glimmer of hope that the light at the end of the tunnel is their 4th birthday...there's something about 3!! Terrible twos and horrendous threes my grandmother told me....and let's face it, grandma's are usually right :). Kate was like a new little girl the WEEK of her 4th birthday!

Janai Rogers said...

if you will please figure out the answer to Wyatt and let me know when I get there. Does it make you feel any better that I will have TWO doing it at the same time? Will you be our friend then?