Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What has happend to me?!

I want to start of with a disclaimer saying I know I am so blessed and fortunate to be a mom and have two beautiful kids. Now with that said...
There are several reasons that I know my life, perspective, and priorities have changed. Things like getting so excited about a new vacuum or cleaning product, when your favorite smell is a newborn baby (yes, spit up and all), and you are obsessed with latest vaccines and medicines that can affect your children. Well, this week I had a wake up call... I am also that person who I said I was not going to be... I am the "frumpy, lounge wearing mother!" Yes, Ryan came up with the term "lounge wear" and it happens to be my favorite look. This weekend we went to kid's birthday party and I was looking around thinking where do all these moms find the time to look this cute and put together? Then today at Wyatt's MDO Christmas party I was looking around thinking the same thing. Have I just let myself completely go? Yet, I love my baggy jeans, long sleeve shirts, and fleece attire! (I am waiting for Stacie and Clinton to show up and rescue me from my fleece addiction.) Zach even said to me the other night after going to a party (which I thought I looked cute) that he would like for me to dress a little more trendy, up to date, and to show off that I have a figure. I was a little taken back, then thought," I would too."The problem is I have no idea where to start. For example, my dear friend Jennifer... she is my inspiration to be a hip mom. She owns her own business, she is a full time mom and one of the best, an unbelievable cook (and cooks for her family every night), her house is spotless and organized, and every time she walks out of the house she looks like an ad out of Nordstroms. Even when he is in "lounge wear" she looks like a million bucks.. I know I am in trouble.. my wardrobe consists of a few things.. Black (every style of Target black T-shirt), Gray, jeans, and fleece! I have to say I have several pairs of jeans and the only ones I love or wear are the one's I bought with Jenn. I put them on and do not feel like a 31 year old mom with two kids.. I feel attractive and modern in them... she said "you are suppose to always feel this way." I know I have talents, however, fashion is just not one of them. I am hoping that in 2009 that I will emerge from my fleece fetish and look like the wife my husband would like, and the mom my kids are not going to be embarrassed of in Jr high. I sure hope my friends save me before I get to matching socks and themed sweaters.

1 comment:

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

hehehe! I wish I could dress more "hip" too, but I totally prefer lounge wear and hate going to places I have to dress up! hehehe