Friday, January 30, 2009

Blue Noodles

Spilling the noodles on the floor!
Acting like dogs... eating with their mouths.. glad I cleaned the floor!

Having fun


What a mess! I hope egg noodles are not bad for dogs...



Wyatt and June throwing noodles on each other.. June thought that was hilarious!




I always get great ideas from Jenn (McNeel), she is the best at coming up with creative ways to entertain the kids. Since we have been home bound for the past 2 weeks, I was looking for something different and fun. She told me yesterday that she put out several different kids of noodles and Brock played with them for over an hour and ran his cars thru them, made necklaces, and used his imagination. Well, I did not realize she did not cook the noodles, I ended up cooking Egg noodles and then for fun dying them blue. Sounds like fun.. and it was.. just a little messy! Definitely a better outdoor activity. The kids loved it, they acted like dogs trying to eat it, they got into a food fight with them, ran their cars thru them and sweet June tried to eat as many as she could. I figure if they dye goldfish then a few blue egg noodles will not harm her. The key to this is to have a dog... They are the best at cleaning food messes up. I look forward to warmer weather having the boys over and just making different colors of noodles for them in the back yard.. not telling how much fun they could have.
After egg noodles, we went up to Mom's office for easy entertainment and Bush's chicken. The kids were wiped out by 1 pm... great morning!





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My opening a bag of dried noodles and dumping them onto a cookie sheet has nothing on your blue noodle fest. I can assure you Brock would have had much more fun at your casa! Love that picture of June bug with noodles all over her head. Precious.

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

Good idea! I love that you dyed them!!!!