Friday, October 10, 2008

Girls lunch






I feel so fortunate to have a few close, kidney friends in my life...it seems at different points of my life I have been blessed with a friend(s) who is selfless and encouraging. ( I call them kidney friends bc I think "would I give them my kidney without second thought?!" and the answer is absolutely.) Pam is a kidney friend. Pam is wonderful, the kind of person you want to be and has a heart of gold. She is the most giving person I know and a role model as a mother. "Giving"I mean her time, herself, anything that she can do to help. I love my friend Pam and we finally got together today for a relaxing lunch poolside. Does not sound like Midland huh?! She has designed and built an oasis in the middle of Midland, Texas right in her backyard. It is so peaceful , relaxing , and rewarding knowing how hard Pam and Frank have worked for years and years to be able to sit in their backyard and feel like you are in a resort somewhere. It was a girls lunch today and June enjoyed every minute. She loved the horses, dogs, and especially the new pool. She just kicked and splashed the water. I am looking forward to our next visit, hopefully poolside with a glass of wine watching the sun go down.

No comments: