Sunday, October 5, 2008

Early Church

SO CUTE!
June is getting so big so quick...
Daddy and the kids... (not sure what Wyatt is doing!)

I have to admit, I have been bad this summer about getting up and going to church. I thought that since I did CBS on Wednesdays, that it might fill in for Sundays. Well, I have missed church and the fellowship there, so last month I committed to going back to the early service. Yes, getting two kids ready to go by 8AM is a task in itself. Have you ever noticed your most tense mornings are Sunday mornings?! I swear Zach and I have had our biggest arguments on the way to church... or I am mad that we are late and he is not ready or helping out with the kids etc.. Great way to start a morning. I am still working on all the tricks to get two kids up, fed, dressed, hair brushed, and in the car by 8AM. (Why go to the early service? I am still a freak about it not being as crowded and less germs in the nursery...yes, I know some things never change. ) So, this morning was no different.. the clothes were laid out the night before, Wyatt drank his breakfast, and brushed his hair in front of watching "Super Why." I actually did it and had time to take pictures of my cute babies. They will hate it when they are older and said "Why did you dress us alike all the time?!"


Other than church, we had a good, relaxing weekend. Friday night we went over to a friends house for a wonderful meal and the kids played until they could not play anymore! Dixie came into town so the kids spent some time with their "aunt dissy." (She just had her 31st birthday this past week so a late happy birthday to her!) Then after church we had the Doss family lunch. Jenn and I headed over to the mall to try on jeans during nap time... I hate trying on jeans... (not as much as I hate the dentist...but almost! ) Who is really 5'9 and a size 4 (other than Jenn)!?! I would love for my short tree trunks (also known as legs) to fit in a size 36 length (the norm apparently)! And the skinny jean...really?! I have been pregnant for the last 3 years on and off so this is all new to me. And after two babies, there is no skinny jean in my future. I have no more excuses to put off buying clothes that fit...but I am so behind I have no idea where to start. This means a girls weekend is in the future! Actually, I would love for someone to turn me into Stacy and Clinton.. they could really help me!

2 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

you know...there is just the reality of the older you...or at least for me around 31 things just weren't the same...when it came to clothes....but i also could get better and i don't really want to do that either!

I know you look great! it is just harder when we have those really cute skinny friends!

hey...i will be in lubbock next weekend..can you believe it?

did i already say that in your last post? my mind in addition to by body is just not what it used to be!

Stuart, Jennifer, Hannah and Hudson Yeager (Phoebe and Daisy too!) said...

We go to 11:30 service so we can sleep in, not rush, and its not crowded!