Friday, October 10, 2008

The unexpected gifts....are the best gifts



Today I went to my mail box and saw a box.. I was not surprise bc I ordered a cookbook a week ago and just thought it finally came. Then I noticed it was from my friend Molly...whom I use to work with at Brighton. Molly is one of the funniest, talented people around. She is "Molly Shannon" off Saturday Night Live. (I think that is her name) She gave everything up to support her husband, who felt he was being called to serve our country, and joined the army at a later age in life. I have so much repect for both Molly and Mike... they are why American is the best place to live (depsite what is going on in the stock market today!) So, she left her family and Texas home to move to Hawaii and has a little boy Mac she is raising full time. You can see her creativity with the cute blocks above. I opened the box and it was a sweet card which said "just a happy for June" those are the best gifts ever. To think someone is thinking you and your child and to do something so thoughtful means a lot. I know I forget to think of others and get consumed in my own world, but the kindness will spread. Thanks Molly...

2 comments:

Molly said...

Glad you like them! Thanks for your kind words!!!

Janai Rogers said...

those are the cutest blocks. she could make a fortune! i know that's not the point...but something to think about.